Bag On Valve (BOV) Aerosol Filling
The Bag on Valve (BoV) aerosol filling system is a newer packaging technology developed to insure product purity. The system works exactly as described: A rolled up aluminum bag is welded or attached to the aerosol valve. Compressed air (instead of a liquid gas like hydrocarbons) is charged into the can, and an aerosol valve with the bag attached is crimped onto the container.
The aerosol product is forced through the aerosol valve stem to fill the bag. When the spray button is pressed, the aerosol product is ejected out of the bag by the compressed air which creates the spray via the spray button orifice.
Benefits of using Bag On Valve Aerosol Filling Equipment
- The major benefit of this package is the non VOC aspect making it more convenient and easier to ensure product integrity.
- It is more environmentally friendly than other aerosols. The end product is completely recyclable. Almost 99% of the aerosol product is used up, leaving only the aluminum and 30‐ 40 psi of harmless compressed air.
- The bag on valve is a simpler package than conventional aerosol with the exception that it does not require all the production and safety expense associated with conventional aerosol production.
- The technology is more flexible in its application. The aerosol product can be dispensed in any form, such as liquid, gel or cream.
- The product can be continuously spray the product from any angle, even upside down
- The container can be completely protected from oxygen exposure, eliminating the need to add preservatives
- There is minimal chilling effect during the ejection of the product, making it less likely to change the characteristics
Terco makes one of the most robust bag on valve (BOV) machines on the market today. We can customize our machines to fit any footprint, or help configure one of our standard bov machine to fit your specific needs. Call us today at [+1] (630) 894 8828 (US), or any one of our international offices. You may also contact us using the form below.
You might be interested in more information about what is Bag on Valve (BOV) Aerosol Filling.